Yesterday I had the honor and privilege of documenting a NY Giants autograph signing for Newsday Westchester, from which some proceeds were donated to the Red Cross to benefit victims of superstorm Sandy. It was a cool event, featuring several different vendors and lots of fun people, excited to meet some members of the Giants.
- Photo Gallery Here: Giants players at Palisades Mall. Check back in a few days for more photos to be posted on this blog.
In addition to that, I also attended and documented a benefit concert in Haverstraw, to help out victims of Sandy in Stony Point, NY. the concert featured various artists from around the region, and was overall, a really nice event.
- Photo Gallery Here: Haverstraw holds benefit concert for Sandy victims Check back in a few days for more photos to be posted on this blog.
Last weekend, I followed along on a tour at the FDR House in Hyde Park, NY for Veteran’s Day. It was my first time there and it was definitely interesting and insightful. If you’re in the area and you haven’t seen it, I’d definitely recommend it.
- Photo Gallery Here: Sunday at Hyde Park on Hudson
As part of Newsday’s coverage of Thanksgiving, a few area restaurants offered up some recipe suggestions for this coming Thursday. I had the opportunity to visit the Stissing House in Pine Plains to photograph chef Michel Jean and his celery root and potato gratin dauphinois. The linked gallery also includes the rest of the images from other restaurants, by other photographers.
- Photo Gallery Here: Hudson Valley chefs share favorite Thanksgiving recipes. If you have an interest in Food Photography, soon I will be launching a page on this site dedicated to it.
- Photo Gallery Here: Hurricane Sandy pictures of aftermath in the Hudson Valley
Last month I was able to attend the NY Sheep and Wool Festival at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds. The event was amusing and very colorful. Filled with knitted and felted items, live sheep, live sheering, fresh fleece, and more!
- Photo Gallery Here: New York State Sheep and Wool Festival 2012
For more photos, check out the galleries on this site, or follow this blog. To see links to all my photo assignments at Newsday as soon as they are posted, Like me on Facebook.