Welcome to the first episode of the new podcast “Put a Fork In It!” Thanks for giving me a listen. On the podcast, I will be featuring guests that will give us ideas, insights and inspirations about business, marketing, food, creativity and health!
This first episode features Kathy Prizzia, currently the executive director of the New Paltz Regional Chamber of Commerce. (That’s her headshot that I did last year!)
As the leader of an organization with a small staff, she takes a super active role in growing the organization on the ground level by meeting and working directly with members on their businesses. So, she is very aware of what’s going on in business in the area and the issues local businesses are dealing with right now.
In addition to all that and having been the chair of the Taste of New Paltz multiple times, she was also the proprietor of her own restaurant, 36 Main, in New Paltz, worked as the director of food and beverage for Rocking Horse Ranch, and was previously the general manager at a New Paltz favorite P&G’s for over 15 years.
In the podcast, we discuss various topics, including:
- the current state of business in the Hudson Valley
- the different mentalities and skills required going from a role as a GM to a proprietor
- the different marketing mentalities and strategies used for a new startup versus an established business
- the importance of preparation and followup before and after participating in a marketing event
- the Taste of New Paltz and how to be successful in food and marketing events
- the importance of proper staff training and listening to your customers
- the value of effective marketing and high quality graphic design and photography
Leave a comment below to let us know your favorite insight and how you’ll apply it!
Give it a listen and if you like what you hear, share the episode with any friends or fellow business owners that might find it valuable.
If you like this episode, enter your email below to receive updates for future episodes, blogs and more!